It is Our Mission and Vision…
- To raise up a generation of men and women who will fulfill and achieve the purposes of God.
- To assist parents in developing each student holistically by providing them an environment where they can discover God, discover their personal calling from Him, and build an informed, accurate worldview.
- To provide a sound education by using a Biblical framework creating a generation of young people who are motivated by purpose and empowered to fulfill their personal destiny.
- To build an environment where learning is exciting, fun, awe-inspiring, enjoyable and rewarding; where children can learn the art of learning.
- To achieve excellence academically, socially, and spiritually for each child.
- To develop well-educated citizens of knowledge, understanding, character, and wisdom who will positively impact every sphere of society.
- To create a synergy between students, parents, and broader society to transform nations and execute global impact.
- To express Christian faith through effective educational practices.
- To fully equip our students to function in a complex 21st
Legacy Academy is committed to the following principles to ensure that the vision of the school is implemented:
- We are a school rooted in and guided by the never-changing Word of God.
- We acknowledge God as the source and author of all truth.
- Our school is non-sectarian welcoming all children. We believe we should teach the broad principles of the Christian faith, while allowing parents to shape their child’s particular beliefs regarding denomination, worship, and other such traditions of faith.
- Parents are regarded as their children’s first and best teachers. Legacy operates under the authority of parents who have permitted the school to assist in the education of their children. As a school, we understand the idea of loco parentis (in place of the parents). During the school day, we are serving temporarily in place of the parents.
- Each child has a specific destiny and the full capacity to reach that divine plan.
- Classical education stresses unity of knowledge rather than the current philosophy of compartmentalization of educational disciplines. All subjects are taught as part of an integrated whole with Christ at the center. Absolute divisions do not exist between science, religion, math, the arts, history, and literature. God created all things for His glory. God is behind them all, revealing truth to men through His creation (Rom. 1:20; Ps. 19:1).
- History has a purpose and a goal. To understand the events of our world and to empower students to influence our culture, we study all civilizations with all their triumphs and failures. Literature, music, and art record the culture’s understanding of truth, goodness, and beauty.
- The Latin language benefits students in reading, writing and learning other Western languages.
- Science and mathematics are tangible evidence of God’s orderliness. We are free to explore creation and to wonder at the facets that remain mysteries.
- We aim to produce young men and women who think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding, who discover truth, who reason persuasively, and articulate precisely; a generation who are capable of evaluating their entire range of experience in the light of the Scriptures, and who do so with eagerness in joyful submission to God.
We desire they be socially graceful and spiritually gracious.