Legacy Academy (LA) is not just a concept for a school, it is an icon for Legacy to speak to and offer value to the youth of the nations. The LA process seeks to engineer a quality-learning environment that goes far beyond an academic experience. LA provides students with the knowledge and experience that will endure throughout their lives. The LA student must be drawn by a clear picture of a preferred future and not necessarily shaped by the past or present circumstances. To build this strong future we rely upon time-tested principles, values, and methods.
LA is built upon a value-based system of education and development as outlined by the Word of God. This system is especially relevant in the environment of the 21st century, which is global, technological, fast paced, and very challenging. LA provides an environment and culture that is able to provide not only academic excellence but also develops students of integrity, character, and confidence who are aware of their individual purpose, worth, and societal responsibility. LA students will emerge well prepared and thoroughly equipped for any mandate or purpose that may be upon their individual lives.
LA focuses on the holistic development of each child. Students will be developed in an environment that focuses on academics, spiritual, social, as well as physical development. Education is a tool for human development, and it must shape the understanding and mentalities of students. It is a journey from ignorance to knowledge, depravity to understanding, and folly to wisdom. It is a deliberate move from self-centeredness to community-mindedness.
It is our priority to:
- Focus on the holistic development of each student
- Teach unity of knowledge rather than compartmentalization of disciplines
- Acknowledge God as the source and author of all truth and fostering this love and discernment of truth
- Teach both the Old and New Testaments so students realize the purpose of life and education are found in them and they speak authoritatively
- Respect that parents are their children’s first and best teachers and embracing the idea of “loco parentis” (during the school day we serve temporarily in the place of parents)
- Provide an environment in which each child can grow physically, emotionally, socially, academically, and spiritually
- Educate children with the methodology of the “trivium”
- Create a love and passion for learning and developing the skills needed to build life-long self-learners
- Provide a Christian world view for our students
As an ACCS member school, Legacy Academy adopts the first two chapters of the Westminister Confession as a portion of our Statement of Faith.